Dr. Bared, like Dr. Epstein, is a fellowship trained facial plastic surgeon, specializing exclusively in procedures from the neck up. Born and raised in Miami, Florida he attended Belen Jesuit Preparatory High School, then the prestigious Vanderbilt University, graduating Summa Cum Laude. Dr. Bared then attended the University of Miami School of Medicine where he was inducted into the esteemed AOA Medical Honor Society, after which he completed a five year Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at the University of Miami, being appointed the Clinical Chief Resident his final year by his colleagues. Dr. Bared was then awarded a highly competitive fellowship (one of only about 40 nationwide) by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) at the University of Illinois-Chicago Department of Otolaryngology. It was during this fellowship that he learned under Dr. Dean Toriumi, one of the fathers of modern rhinoplasty and past president of the (AAFPRS).
Dr. Bared is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and board eligible by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has presented on a variety of subjects in his fields of expertise at various nationwide scientific meetings, and contributed to a range of textbooks and a number of publications.
Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Dr. Bared is a compassionate, committed, and accomplished surgeon, who will not only work with Dr. Epstein, but also bring new procedures to the practice, which include:
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty – In addition to advanced techniques in cosmetic and reconstructive rhinoplasty, Dr. Bared will accept insurance to perform septoplasty and turbinate work to improve breathing due to a deviated septum, as well as address both medically and surgically other problems with the nose and sinuses.
- The full range of injectable fillers. Dr. Bared’s expertise includes such products as Botox®,Radiesse®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Restylane®, and Sculptra. He will be actively participating in our weekly “Liquid Thursday” events where our patients can take advantage of discounts and product giveaways.
- The treatment of skin cancers and otherskin lesions, and the reconstruction/repair of defects and scarring from skin cancer excisions, including that from MOHS surgery
- Fat transfer/augmentation to the face to restore volume
- Fraxel® and other laser skin procedures for restoring skin luster, reducing wrinkles, and tightening lax skin
- Upper and lower eye lid blepharoplasty (cosmetic eyelid surgery)
- Face and neck lifting as well as brow lifting
- Certain Otolaryngology procedures, including minimally invasive endoscopy to help diagnose nasal obstruction and other disorders
- Otoplasty for aesthetic ear improvement
- The management and treatment of hair loss in women and men in conjunction with Dr. Epstein. This will also include spearheading the Women’s Center for Hair Loss Diagnostic Clinic, offering state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment-both medical and surgical- of hair loss in women.